So you want to become A amateur radio operator. You will find this to be a worthwhile accomplishment. Following these steps will make the process go smoothly.
- Register for the next exam
- I reccomend the Gordon West book for studying. This link is to Amazon. You may use any study material you wish as long as it is updated with the 2018 – 2022 question pool for best results. You may download the free PDF Version of No Nonsense Technician Study Guide
- Register a user name at eham.net. You will not need a call sign at this point just a suitable user name. You will use this website to check your progress of study questions at Technician Exam.
- You are required to get a FRN from The FCC. This number is required when you take your exam. There is a Youtube video that may be helpful.
- I have found an excellent study material produced by my friends at the Roanoke Valley Amateur Radio Club I hope you will find the study material helpful. When they refer to the test dates for just ignore that unless you live in the Roanoke, VA area.
- If you are not in the triangle area and want to find volunteer examiners offering amateur radio exams at no charge check the website at https://www.laurelvec.com.
- If you get stuck on the process please email email@example.com.